Buyers' Guide to Outboard Boats
Selecting and Evaluating New and Used Boats
by David Pascoe
A Offshore Outboard Boats
by A Marine Surveyor with 40 Years Experience
Dedicated for Offshore Type
Specifically targeted to
the open water outboards market
This book shows you how to cut through the fog of marketing hype and get to the heart of the matter - buying a quality, reliable product that has the kind of performance you want.
Illustrated with over 140
real life photos and drawings
New Boats - Used Boats
- Learn to make your own assessment of boat quality
- What constitutes good design and bad
- Why so many boat builders make serious mistakes. What to look for and how to avoid them.
- Sea worthiness: The right boat for the right waters.
- Performance Issues: Why do some boats perform better than others?
- How to avoid trim problems.
- Ergonomics: The art of designing products that fit your body size. Nowhere is it more important than with a boat.
- Navigating the turmoil of the outboard motor market.
- Choosing the right power options: Outboard, inboard or stern drive.
- Critical elements of boat rigging
- Stress cracks: What do they mean?
- How to research prices and market values
- A Guide to Discriminating Buyers
by David H. Pascoe
Format: Ebook (Reflowable epub)
Publisher: D. H. Pascoe & Co., Inc.
Published: June, 2019 (Ebook conversion of the same title published in 2002)
Availablility: Ebook retailers worldwide
David Pascoe - Biography
David Pascoe is a second generation marine surveyor in his family who began his surveying career at age 16 as an apprentice in 1965 as the era of wooden boats was drawing to a close.
Certified by the National Association of Marine Surveyors in 1972, he has conducted over 5,000 pre purchase surveys in addition to having conducted hundreds of boating accident investigations, including fires, sinkings, hull failures and machinery failure analysis.
Over forty years of knowledge and experience are brought to bear in following books. David Pascoe is the author of:
- "Mid Size Power Boats" (2003)
- "Buyers’ Guide to Outboard Boats" (2002)
- "Surveying Fiberglass Power Boats" (2001, 2nd Edition - 2005)
- "Marine Investigations" (2004).
In addition to readers in the United States, boaters and boat industry professionals worldwide from over 70 countries have purchased David Pascoe's books, since introduction of his first book in 2001.
In 2012, David Pascoe has retired from marine surveying business at age 65.
On November 23rd, 2018, David Pascoe has passed away at age 71.